Even if I am not feeding , the baby always seems to only settle when being held, which was easy with baby number one, but became extremely difficult when numbers 2,3,4,5 and 6 came along!
Research has shown, that holding our babies until they’re ready to be let go is the most natural way to parent healthy children.
Babywearing isn’t just about the freedom it gives you to go about your day, it’s about the stimulation, security and bond babies benefit from by being held close to their parents
I love wearing my babies in a sling and it gives me more freedom to do other things, slings are also great when out walking or on the school run, without the hassle of getting the pram in and out of the Car.
Breastfeeding and Slings
Breastfeeding whilst baby is in the sling, is definitely more advanced baby wearing, and will probably require some practice. When first learning to feed in the sling, it may be worth sitting down to ensure that the positioning is correct and comfortable for both mum and baby, once you become confident with this, then you can stand up and move around, going about your everyday life, whilst feeding baby.
One of the slings that is ideal for breastfeeding is the Babasling.
- Designed to carry babies and toddlers (0-2yr+ / 7.7lbs-33lbs / 3.5kg – 15kg)
- Five different carrying positions
- Breastfeed discreetly in two positions
- One size fits all, adjusts in seconds
- Made from 100% cotton that is both durable and breathable
- Tested to safety standard BS EN 13209-2:2005 Soft Carriers
- Lifetime guarantee against manufacturing defects.
The wonderful People at Babasling are offering one lucky person the chance to win a sling of their choice from the website.
To be in with a chance of winning a fabulous Babasling:
- Head over to The Babasling website and browse all of their amazing slings, then comment below which is your favourite style and colour.
For extra entries you can :
- Follow Babasling on facebook and leave them the message "Keeping Britain Breastfeeding with Breast 4 Babies"
-Follow Babasling on Twitter and tweet "Keep Britain Breastfeeding with @breast4babies"
@breast4babies on twitter
- Follow Breast 4 Babies on facebook
Make a separate comment below for each entry
Closing Date : 7th July 2013
To double your chance of winning a Babasling, why not head over to Hex Mum and enter their competition.